Sunday 21 February 2010

Anticipation and Squash and Stretch

For me Squash & Stretch must be one of the most fun things to animate so far. Well as long as you have the timing and spacing animated just right :P. So this week we were given an obstacle course to throw our bouncing ball in. Once I made sure that all the arcs were spot on and the timing was acceptable I started adding the squash and stretch, It kinda felt like adding a new layer on top of that I already made that got my animation looking so much more interesting.


Okay and here is the planing, as you guys can see here there are the error that were transported to the animation. The most pertinent one being the overly gradual squash and stretch.



And of course, we had another pose to show off some emotion, this time devastation.

This pose was based on the second pose from bottom right, I rotated it 3/4 and added a bit of more curvature to the spine, and of course the hand on the head. I personally find the hand a bit of a cliche, but devastation is such a hard emotion to read only from body language that is probably a good thing to be a bit cheesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment